Sweet & Spicy Fusion Burgers Recipe
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 4 naan flatbreads, warmed
- 1/2 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1 package (5.3 ounces) fresh goat cheese
- Place cabbage in a small bowl. In another small bowl, combine the sesame seeds, lemon juice, mustard and oil; pour over cabbage and toss to coat.
- In a large bowl, combine the chili sauce, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, salt and pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Serve on naan with cabbage mixture, cucumber, red pepper and cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sweet & Spicy Fusion Burgers in Taste of Home June/July 2011, p69
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sweet & Spicy Fusion Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Burger Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Greek Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Grilling Hamburgers >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Ground Turkey Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >