Sweet & Spicy Fusion Burgers Recipe
These burgers combine some of my favorite flavors and textures, and you can do most of the work ahead of time. You’ll find naan, an Indian flatbread, in the international or bread section of your grocery store.—Jamie Brown-Miller, Napa, California
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 4 naan flatbreads, warmed
- 1/2 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1 package (5.3 ounces) fresh goat cheese
- Place cabbage in a small bowl. In another small bowl, combine the sesame seeds, lemon juice, mustard and oil; pour over cabbage and toss to coat.
- In a large bowl, combine the chili sauce, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, salt and pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Serve on naan with cabbage mixture, cucumber, red pepper and cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sweet & Spicy Fusion Burgers in Taste of Home June/July 2011, p69
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sweet & Spicy Fusion Burgers(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Burger Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Greek Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Grilling Hamburgers >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Ground Turkey Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >