- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Cut wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections. Place chicken in a 4-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over chicken; stir until coated. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Sweet & Spicy Chicken Wings
Sort By :
"I 've made this 3 times in 1 month! My family & friends love it!"
"I'd rate 3-I too overcooked a bit, but they are kind of soupy so I took out of the sauce and under the broiler for a few to make not quite so messy."
"I used chicken legs instead of wings, but still turned out great! My fiance liked this more than me, but I'll still make it again! Check out my full review: http://heatskitchen.blogspot.com/2013/08/sweet-and-spicy-chicken.html"
"good flavor. i broiled the wings first, 3" from heat - just to give them a bit of crispness, then transfered to crock pot. the wings were very tender; however, i overcooked mine a bit - should've cut back on cooking time since i broiled them."
Beer Dip >