- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Cut wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections. Place chicken in a 4-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over chicken; stir until coated. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Sweet & Spicy Chicken Wings
Sort By :
"I used chicken legs instead of wings, but still turned out great! My fiance liked this more than me, but I'll still make it again! Check out my full review: http://heatskitchen.blogspot.com/2013/08/sweet-and-spicy-chicken.html"
"good flavor. i broiled the wings first, 3" from heat - just to give them a bit of crispness, then transfered to crock pot. the wings were very tender; however, i overcooked mine a bit - should've cut back on cooking time since i broiled them."