Sweet & Spicy Chicken Drummies Recipe
We were on a camping trip, and a young bachelor brought these chicken legs for dinner. They were fabulous! I was so impressed, I asked him for the recipe.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 50 min. YIELD:10 servings
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 20 chicken drumsticks (about 5 pounds)
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the sugar, paprika, salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili powder and cayenne. Add drumsticks, a few at a time; seal bag and shake to coat.
- 2. Place chicken in two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. (A small amount of meat juices will form in the pan.)
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and a thermometer reads 170°-175°. Yield: 10 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC