Sweet & Spicy Chicken Drummies
We were on a camping trip, and a young bachelor brought these chicken legs for dinner. They were fabulous! I was so impressed, I asked him for the recipe.
20 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 50 min.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 20 chicken drumsticks (5 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the sugar, paprika, salt,
- pepper, garlic powder, chili powder and cayenne. Add drumsticks, a
- few at a time; seal and shake to coat.
- Place chicken in two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. (A small amount of
- meat juices will form in the pan.)
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until chicken
- juices run clear and a meat thermometer reads 180°. Yield: 20
Nutritional Facts: 1 drumstick equals 157 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 398 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1/2 starch,