Sweet & Spicy Beans
My husband and I love this sweet and savory bean dish. It can be enjoyed as a side, but it's also fun for tortilla and corn chip dipping. —Sondra Pope, Mooresville, North Carolina
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Chopped green onions, optional
- In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours. Top with green onions if
- desired. Yield: 12 servings (2/3 cup each).
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 201 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 712 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 9 g protein.