We love Asian flavors and finger foods. Using chicken, crescent rolls, Sriracha and chili sauce, I made an appetizer that encourages second helpings. —Jeanette Nelson, Bridgeport, WV
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons island teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon white grapefruit juice or water
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Sweet chili sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add red pepper, green onions and garlic; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in chicken, teriyaki sauce, grapefruit juice, sesame oil and hot chili sauce. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Unroll crescent dough into one long rectangle; press perforations to seal. Roll dough into a 12-in. square; cut into sixteen 3-in. squares. Place 1 tablespoon chicken mixture in center of each square. Bring edges of dough over filling, pinching seams to seal; shape into a ball.
Place on ungreased baking sheets, seam side down. Brush tops with remaining olive oil; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with sweet chili sauce.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled appetizers in resealable plastic freezer bags. To use, reheat appetizers on a baking sheet in a preheated 375° oven until heated through. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Originally published as Sweet & Spicy Asian Chicken Petites in Simple & Delicious December/January 2015
Reviews for Sweet & Spicy Asian Chicken Petites
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review