Sweet & Spicy Apricot-Glazed Ham Recipe
- 1/2 boneless fully cooked lean ham (4 pounds)
- Whole cloves
- 2 cups ginger ale
- 2/3 cup apricot spreadable fruit
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1. Score surface of ham, making diamond shapes 1/4-in. deep. Insert a clove in each diamond. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan; pour ginger ale into pan. Loosely cover with foil. Bake at 325° for 1 hour.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the spreadable fruit, brown sugar, mustard and ginger; brush some over ham.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 140° and ham is heated through, brushing occasionally with glaze. Serve with remaining glaze. Yield: 16 servings.
One serving (3 ounces cooked ham with 1-1/2 teaspoons additional glaze) equals 182 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 1,200 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.