Sweet & Spicy Apricot-Glazed Ham Recipe
- 1/2 boneless fully cooked lean ham (4 pounds)
- Whole cloves
- 2 cups ginger ale
- 2/3 cup apricot spreadable fruit
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Score surface of ham, making diamond shapes 1/4-in. deep. Insert a clove in each diamond. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan; pour ginger ale into pan. Loosely cover with foil. Bake at 325° for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, combine the spreadable fruit, brown sugar, mustard and ginger; brush some over ham.
- Bake, uncovered, for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 140° and ham is heated through, brushing occasionally with glaze. Serve with remaining glaze. Yield: 16 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sweet & Spicy Apricot-Glazed Ham
Sort By :
This was an instant hit. Made it the first time the year it debuted in L&T and I've used it exclusively ever since.
The glaze was amazing! My bf was skeptical but when he tried it he finished his whole slice of ham in a matter of seconds! Will definitely keep this recipe for future holidays.
I started using this glaze on my Easter ham 7 years ago. Up to that point we had always used a pineapple glaze. My family insists on the apricot glaze now and I've been asked for the recipe multiple times.