Sweet & Sour Turkey Meatballs Recipe
Decorating with the winter fruit pomegranate is an old holiday tradition, but few people know what to do with them afterward. Here is a great potluck or buffet recipe for Christmas parties that's seasonal, easy, and delicious. —Christine Wendland, Browns Mills, New Jersey
- 4 thick-sliced peppered bacon strips
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 jar (18 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) taco sauce
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1. Place bacon in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, cilantro, salt and pepper. Crumble turkey and bacon over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- 2. Place in two ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink.
- 3. In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the preserves, tomatoes, taco sauce and juice. Stir in meatballs. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or until heated through. Yield: about 5 dozen.
1 meatball: 68 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 114mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Sweet & Sour Turkey Meatballs
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC