Decorating with the winter fruit pomegranate is an old holiday tradition, but few people know what to do with them afterward. Here is a great potluck or buffet recipe for Christmas parties that's seasonal, easy, and delicious. —Christine Wendland, Browns Mills, New Jersey
Recommended: 45 Make-Ahead Freezer Meals for Super-Busy Nights
- 4 thick-sliced peppered bacon strips
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 jar (18 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) taco sauce
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- Preheat oven to 400°. Pulse bacon, covered, in a food processor until finely chopped. Combine egg, bread crumbs, cilantro, salt and pepper. Crumble turkey and bacon over egg mixture; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Place in two ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake until no longer pink, 8-10 minutes.
- In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine preserves, tomatoes, taco sauce and juice. Stir in meatballs. Cook, covered, on high until a thermometer inserted into several meatballs reads 165°, about 2-3 hours. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Originally published as Sweet & Sour Turkey Meatballs in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p22
Reviews for Sweet & Sour Turkey Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review