Sweet & Sour Squash Salad Recipe
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1. For dressing, whisk first six ingredients until sugar is dissolved. Place vegetables in a large bowl; toss with dressing.
- 2. Refrigerate, covered, until cold. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 241 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 703mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Sweet & Sour Squash Salad
"I made this for a side at a BBQ this past weekend, and it was a big hit - even among non-veggie lovers. It was very refreshing and light. I was originally planning to maybe steam the squash, but sliced it thin, left it raw, and it was perfect. Very colorful and pretty dish too."
"A big hit at potlucks!!"
"A new family favorite! easy to prepare, and tastes great. I'll be using the dressing on other salads as well."
"Always get compliments when I make this salad!"
"I made this salad for a family cookout and everyone loved it. I am emailing it to them.Lorrie NH"
"Cut the recipe down so that it makes just enough for yourself."
"This squash salad was great! Mine did not get soggy and stayed crunchy even after a second day in the refrigerator. It does make a lot, so it is a good side dish to bring to a family function."
"I loved this salad! The only problem was that it made a lot and my kids and husband did not care for it. Way too much for just myself. It did get a little soggy after being in the fridge for 5 hours. This probably would not be one to keep in the fridge for more than a day if you like your squash and zucchini with some crunch. I will be making this again, but I will have to make it for a social or function so I can share it with others that will eat it, as my family won't."