Get dinner on the table in no time with this yummy twist on sweet and sour using smoked sausage. “We always keep Polish sausage in the freezer for this fast-fixing meal on busy nights.”—Carol Matthews, Lima, New York
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound smoked Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Hot cooked rice
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice; set pineapple aside. In a small bowl, combine the preserves, cornstarch, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger and reserved juice.
- In a large skillet, saute the sausage, onion and pepper in oil until vegetables are tender. Add sauce mixture and pineapple. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sweet & Sour Sausage in Simple & Delicious October/November 2010, p35
Reviews for Sweet & Sour Sausage
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review