- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound smoked Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Hot cooked rice
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice; set pineapple aside. In a small bowl, combine the preserves, cornstarch, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger and reserved juice.
- In a large skillet, saute the sausage, onion and pepper in oil until vegetables are tender. Add sauce mixture and pineapple. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sweet & Sour Sausage
Sort By :
This was a quick and easy recipe. Great flavor! I added yellow squash and used fresh pineapple. Would definitely make this again!
Love this recipe. Quick, easy, and yummy!
This was very good I made it with chicken instead but it was still good.
Great Meal. As I read over a recipe I think of what else would taste good. Firstly I did not use Polish Sausage but Bratwurst type of sausage(as I did not have polish sausage on hand). Added a bit of grated ginger to give some zip. Great flavour.
I really enjoyed it...very easy and quick to fix. :)