We always make these wraps at our family's annual party, and they're a true favorite. The cabbage and cilantro give them great texture and flavor. —Andrew DeVito, Hartford, Connecticut
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sweet-and-sour sauce
- 1/4 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 16 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Place roast and onion in a 6-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, whisk water, sweet-and-sour sauce, sherry, soy sauce, soup mix, ginger and garlic until blended; pour over pork. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- When cool enough to handle, shred pork with two forks. To serve, spoon about 1/3 cup pork mixture onto the center of each tortilla. Top with 1/4 cup cabbage; sprinkle with cilantro. Fold bottom of tortilla over filling; fold both sides to close. Yield: 8 servings (2 wraps each).
Originally published as Sweet & Sour Pork Wraps in Taste of Home April/May 2014
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sweet & Sour Pork Wraps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review