- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sweet-and-sour sauce
- 1/4 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 16 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Place roast and onion in a 6-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, whisk water, sweet-and-sour sauce, sherry, soy sauce, soup mix, ginger and garlic until blended; pour over pork. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- When cool enough to handle, shred pork with two forks. To serve, spoon about 1/3 cup pork mixture onto the center of each tortilla. Top with 1/4 cup cabbage; sprinkle with cilantro. Fold bottom of tortilla over filling; fold both sides to close. Yield: 8 servings (2 wraps each).
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sweet & Sour Pork Wraps
Sort By :
"What a flavorful recipe! This is one of my favorite Taste of Home recipes to date. I will definitely make these again! I used chicken broth in place of the sherry, but either ingredient would probably work nicely. The fresh cabbage, juicy pulled pork, tangy sauce, and delicious blend of spices really hit the mark!"
"Did not taste good at all. The onion soup definatly over powers. Will not be making this again."
"Before preparing this one for a crowd, I wanted to test it.. so I reduced the amounts by 3/4, enough for two people, used a 3 quart cooker, reduced cooking time to 5 hours. It was sensational, so this will become a standard on the menu for my family parties. As a volunteer field editor, I am happy to recommend this wonderful recipe"
"I thought this recipe was wonderful and my family loved it too. I used chicken broth in place of the water, but added the sherry as well per those instructions. I had 5-6lbs of pork, so did 1 1/2 times all the other ingredients (thought just one packet of soup mix) and the flavor was just wonderful. I'll definitely make this recipe again!"
"So good!! Awesome flavor!! I wasn't able to shred it so i just cut it into slices and made some sides to make it a meal. I wouldn't change anything and I will definitely make this again!"