Sweet & Sour Pork Ribs Recipe
For years I wondered why people raved about ribs. I didn't have the patience or energy to bother with them, until I made this recipe. Now I'm a believer, too.—Merle Dyck, Elkford, British Columbia
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 bone-in country-style pork ribs (3 inches thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and flour. Stir in the vinegar, water, soy sauce, ketchup and garlic. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Place ribs in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with sauce. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Skim fat. Serve ribs with sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC