For years I wondered why people raved about ribs. I didn't have the patience or energy to bother with them, until I made this recipe. Now I'm a believer, too.—Merle Dyck, Elkford, British Columbia
Recommended: 60 Favorite Slow Cooker Pork Recipes
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 bone-in country-style pork ribs (3 inches thick and 8 ounces each)
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and flour. Stir in the vinegar, water, soy sauce, ketchup and garlic. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Place ribs in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with sauce. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Skim fat. Serve ribs with sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sweet & Sour Pork Ribs in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2009, p65
Reviews for Sweet & Sour Pork Ribs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2015
"Very good and easy!!!"
Reviewed Dec. 21, 2013
"One of our favorite crock pot recipes!"
Reviewed Dec. 9, 2011
"This was well-received by the family. I would definitely make this again."