“I wanted to try serving carrots differently and everyone raved over these.” You’ll love the combination of flavors and colors. Delores Romyn - Stratton, Ontario
- 1 pound medium carrots, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Place 1 in. of water and carrots in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add green pepper. Cover and cook 3 minutes longer or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; add enough water to the juice to measure 3/4 cup. Set pineapple aside. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in the pineapple juice mixture, vinegar and soy sauce until smooth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Stir in the reserved carrots and pineapple; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sweet & Sour Carrots in Healthy Cooking April/May 2010, p42
Reviews for Sweet & Sour Carrots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review