Sweet & Sour Carrots Recipe
- 1 pound medium carrots, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Place 1 in. of water and carrots in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add green pepper. Cover and cook 3 minutes longer or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; add enough water to the juice to measure 3/4 cup. Set pineapple aside. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in the pineapple juice mixture, vinegar and soy sauce until smooth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Stir in the reserved carrots and pineapple; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Sweet & Sour Carrots(4)
Sort By :
It is very good hot or cold. I gave some to a friend, & she put it over cooked rice. I took it to a luncheon, & it was a hit with "experienced" cooks.
This was very tasty... the carrots have just the right crunch. I made this to share with friends, and I think it might actually get my husband to eat carrots more often.
My family doesn't like veggies but htiswas OK in their aopinion 9 high praidse from them) Itis just as good cold , in lunch , too
I made this to go with some BBQ chicken and mashed potatoes and it was the perfect compliment of flavors.
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >