Sweet & Sour Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 4 packages (16 ounces each) frozen brussels sprouts, thawed
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain.
- In the drippings, saute brussels sprouts and onion until crisp-tender. Add the vinegar, sugar, salt, mustard and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until sprouts are tender. Stir in bacon. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Sweet & Sour Brussels Sprouts(2)
Sort By :
Had to try these because I definitely was not a fan of brussel sprouts. After reading the recipe, thot these might just taste good. I was sooooo right!!!!!! I love them! My husband can't stand the smell when I'm cooking them(don't know what that's all about). He is not a big veggie eater and won't even try these. His loss. As another reviewer stated, these are even better a day or two later. I took some to a co-worker once and he said, 'You're a pretty good cook'. I usually double the batch and freeze most of them. Definitely a keeper!!!
These are REALLY good. I actually think they taste better after a day or two-- flavors have more time to meld or something. A great "make ahead" for Thanksgiving. I could eat a whole bowl of these and I am not a hug fan of brussel sprouts...
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Brussels Sprouts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >