- 1 beef top round roast (4 pounds)
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 16 onion rolls, split
- Cut roast in half; place in a 6-qt. slow cooker. Combine the barbecue sauce, water, brown sugar, chipotle pepper, Worcestershire sauce, steak sauce, soy sauce and seasonings. Pour over meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Remove roast and cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. Shred meat with two forks and return to slow cooker; heat through. Serve on rolls. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Sweet & Savory Slow-Cooked Beef
"This was delicious!!! Easy and soooo good!!!"
"Keeper. Used crushed garlic, celery seed and left out the seasoning salt to keep the salt down."
"We're not into spicy, so we use chopped green and/or sweet red pepper. Also leave out celery salt, use bits of celery instead. Very, very good!"
"Delicious ! The sauce is so yummy, My family really enjoyed the flavor. We don't like spicy so I used 1/2 a pepper and tweaked the measurements of some of the ingredients to suit our taste. Just taste as you go along. Def a keeper!"
"Great flavor and really simple to make. Sweet and Savory Slow-Cooked Beef is a 100% keeper!"
"out of celery salt used garlic powder. very good!"
"This has to be the easiest BBQ recipe"