- 1 beef top round roast (4 pounds)
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 16 onion rolls, split
- Cut roast in half; place in a 6-qt. slow cooker. Combine the barbecue sauce, water, brown sugar, chipotle pepper, Worcestershire sauce, steak sauce, soy sauce and seasonings. Pour over meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Remove roast and cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. Shred meat with two forks and return to slow cooker; heat through. Serve on rolls. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Sweet & Savory Slow-Cooked Beef
Sort By :
"Keeper. Used crushed garlic, celery seed and left out the seasoning salt to keep the salt down."
"We're not into spicy, so we use chopped green and/or sweet red pepper. Also leave out celery salt, use bits of celery instead. Very, very good!"
"Delicious ! The sauce is so yummy, My family really enjoyed the flavor. We don't like spicy so I used 1/2 a pepper and tweaked the measurements of some of the ingredients to suit our taste. Just taste as you go along. Def a keeper!"
"Great flavor and really simple to make. Sweet and Savory Slow-Cooked Beef is a 100% keeper!"
"out of celery salt used garlic powder. very good!"