One of my favorite dishes in childhood was my mom's pineapple and green pepper cheese ball. Now I make it, and it’s always a hit. —Susan Harrison, Laurel, Maryland
Recommended: 66 Recipes for Super Bowl Snacks
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, well drained
- 3 cups finely chopped pecans, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in pineapple, 1-1/2 cups pecans, green pepper, onion and seasoned salt. Shape into two balls. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Place remaining pecans in a small shallow bowl; roll cheese balls in pecans to coat evenly. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2 cheese balls (2 cups each).
Originally published as Sweet & Savory Pineapple Cheese Ball in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p30
Reviews for Sweet & Savory Pineapple Cheese Ball
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review