When you're craving a dessert that brings out the little kid in you but with grown-up flavors, this extraordinary ice cream sandwich will do the trick!
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 4 dried figs, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 4 heaping scoops vanilla ice cream
- 8 pizzelle cookies
- 1/2 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Set aside to cool. In a small bowl, combine the walnuts, figs and thyme.
- Top four cookies with a scoop of ice cream. Sprinkle with half of the walnut mixture and drizzle with melted chocolate. Combine cheese and vinegar. Spread over remaining cookies; place over top of sandwiches.
- Press remaining walnut mixture into sides. Wrap in plastic wrap. Freeze for at least 1 hour. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sweet & Savory Ice Cream Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012, p46
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Sweet & Savory Ice Cream Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review