Sweet & Savory Ice Cream Sandwiches Recipe
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 4 dried figs, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 4 heaping scoops vanilla ice cream
- 8 pizzelle cookies
- 1/2 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1. In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Set aside to cool. In a small bowl, combine the walnuts, figs and thyme.
- 2. Top four cookies with a scoop of ice cream. Sprinkle with half of the walnut mixture and drizzle with melted chocolate. Combine cheese and vinegar. Spread over remaining cookies; place over top of sandwiches.
- 3. Press remaining walnut mixture into sides. Wrap in plastic wrap. Freeze for at least 1 hour. Yield: 4 servings.
1 ice cream sandwich equals 828 calories, 61 g fat (31 g saturated fat), 140 mg cholesterol, 170 mg sodium, 69 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Reviews for Sweet & Savory Ice Cream Sandwiches
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.