- 1 package (12 ounces) Johnsonville® Breakfast Sausage Patties
- 2 small Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 4 large fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 French baguette, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 8 slices of fresh mozzarella, cut in half
- On a cutting board, cut each raw sausage patty in half and re-form into 16 mini patties.
- In a nonstick skillet, over medium heat, cook sausage patties for 6-8 minutes, or until cooked through and browned, turning often. Remove to a plate and keep warm. In a bowl, combine tomato, pineapple, strawberries, basil, mint and syrup; set aside.
- Place oven rack in the top third section of oven; set to broil.
- On a baking sheet, place 16 slices of bread, brush lightly on one side with olive oil and place oiled side down. Broil for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Using tongs, flip bread slices. Place 1 piece of mozzarella on each bread slice. Return to oven; broil for 1 minute longer.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Top each with a cooked sausage patty.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of fruit mixture onto each patty and serve. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Sweet & Savory Bruschetta in Johnsonville® Sausage 2014
Reviews for Sweet & Savory Bruschetta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review