Sweet & Savory Bruschetta
Brought to you by Johnsonville® Sausage
16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 3 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) Johnsonville® Breakfast Sausage Patties
- 2 small Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 4 large fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 French baguette, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 8 slices of fresh mozzarella, cut in half
- On a cutting board, cut each raw sausage patty in half and re-form
- into 16 mini patties.
- In a nonstick skillet, over medium heat, cook sausage patties for 6-8
- minutes, or until cooked through and browned, turning often. Remove
- to a plate and keep warm. In a bowl, combine tomato, pineapple,
- strawberries, basil, mint and syrup; set aside.
- Place oven rack in the top third section of oven; set to broil.
- On a baking sheet, place 16 slices of bread, brush lightly on one
- side with olive oil and place oiled side down. Broil for 1-2
- minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Using tongs, flip bread slices. Place 1 piece of mozzarella on each
- bread slice. Return to oven; broil for 1 minute longer.