Sweet & Savory Breadsticks Recipe
- 1 tube (11-1/2 ounces) refrigerated corn bread twists
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1. Unroll and separate bread twists into 16 pieces. Place butter in a shallow bowl. Combine the brown sugar, garlic salt and onion powder in another shallow bowl. Roll bread pieces in butter, then in brown sugar mixture.
- 2. Twist two pieces together. Pinch ends to seal. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Repeat. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 4 servings.
2 breadsticks equals 433 calories, 23 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 924 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Sweet & Savory Breadsticks
"These were more sweet than savory but nevertheless delicious... I used crescent rolls since I never can seem to find the cornbread twists here in the Philly suburbs... Might cut back a little on the brown sugar next time, or increase the garlic salt and onion powder... My 9 and 11 year old girls LOVED them!!"
"We have a small town and none of the three grocery stores here have the corn bread twists. I am going to try it with refrigerated bread sticks."