Kids have a blast creating different looks for their chocolate-dipped pretzel snowmen with candy scarves, buttons and top hats. If any are left over, they make cool table decorations posed in a glass with Styrofoam and coconut snow. —Carol Berndt, Avon, South Dakota
- 8 pretzel rods
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
- Assorted candies and decorations: Miniature chocolate chips, sprinkles, black decorating gel, candy cane chocolate kisses, white nonpareils, Fruit by the Foot fruit rolls
- Dip a pretzel rod two-thirds of the way into melted white chocolate, or drizzle chocolate over pretzel with a spoon. Attach miniature chocolate chips for eyes and buttons; attach a sprinkle for a nose.
- Using decorating gel, add a mouth.
- For hat, attach a chocolate kiss to the top of pretzel. Sprinkle snowman with nonpareils. Carefully stand snowman upright in a tall glass or press the bottom of the pretzel rod into a 2-in.-thick piece of Styrofoam. For scarve, cut fruit rolls into thin strips; tie around snowmen. Yield: 8 snowmen.
Originally published as Sweet & Salty Snowmen in Country Woman December/January 2009, p20
Reviews for Sweet & Salty Snowmen
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review