Sweet & Salty Snowmen Recipe
- 8 pretzel rods
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
- Assorted candies and decorations: Miniature chocolate chips, sprinkles, black decorating gel, candy cane chocolate kisses, white nonpareils, Fruit by the Foot fruit rolls
- 1. Dip a pretzel rod two-thirds of the way into melted white chocolate, or drizzle chocolate over pretzel with a spoon. Attach miniature chocolate chips for eyes and buttons; attach a sprinkle for a nose.
- 2. Using decorating gel, add a mouth.
- 3. For hat, attach a chocolate kiss to the top of pretzel. Sprinkle snowman with nonpareils. Carefully stand snowman upright in a tall glass or press the bottom of the pretzel rod into a 2-in.-thick piece of Styrofoam. For scarve, cut fruit rolls into thin strips; tie around snowmen. Yield: 8 snowmen.
Reviews for Sweet & Salty Snowmen
"This is a great idea i have made these before a few years ago when my oldest was two and now that they are 7 and 9 they still have fun making creations with mom :)"
"Cutest idea EVER and easy enogh for the kids to help! The perfect holiday treat for everyone on your list!"
"Cute idea, but very difficult to make!"
"My teenagers loved making AND eating these. We couldn't find the right size rings for the hat brims so they ended up looking like sombreros. Still cute!"
"My daughter, her friend and I just made a double recipe of these and they are very cute! I'm giving two each of my nieces/nephews & great-nieces/great-nephews . If you decide to make these be sure to allow plenty of time, plenty of ingredients and have help. It takes some practice to get them right and this is not a one person project."
"I love this idea..haven't made them but gives me an idea for my great nephews birthday coming up in a few months. As for junk...you can use Dark chocolate and nuts, or trail mix to create the same affect. Very Cute for centerpiece...doesn't look edible..but I'm an adult:)"
"A little time consuming, yes, but worth the effort.Rockamama, don't make them. Problem solved."
"So cute but what a bunch of unhealthy JUNK!"
"the kids enjoyed & great classroom holiday gifts"
"this is hard and time consuming. you have to work fast to get the decorations on before chocolate cools once made, they are cute."
"These were so much fun to make. I used gummy lifesavers and spiced gumdrops for the hat, and made orange mm fondant noses, mini choc chips and nerds fruit rollups. My first batch I made 15, but they are so cute I will be making more to pass onto friends"
"Just what we were lookin for. These R SOOOO darn cute"
"It IS time consuming. Substituted Fruit Roll-up for Twizzler Pull-aparts and mini Reese's pieces for M&M's, Gummi Life Savers for jelly rings. Dipped pretzel, then added 'hat' rim, followed by eyes, nose & buttons. Stuck in freezer momentarily, then dipped top again to put on gum drop hat-top."
"They are very cute, but, we found them to be really time consuming. You have to work fast to get the M & Ms to stick before they cool off, yet you have to wait to keep them on."