Sweet & Salty Snowmen
Kids have a blast creating different looks for their chocolate-dipped pretzel snowmen with candy scarves, buttons and top hats. If any are left over, they make cool table decorations posed in a glass with Styrofoam and coconut snow. —Carol Berndt, Avon, South Dakota
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 pretzel rods
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
- Assorted candies: M&M's miniature baking bits, miniature chocolate chips, small gumdrops, jelly rings, Fruit by the Foot fruit rolls
- Dip pretzel rods two-thirds of the way into melted white chocolate,
- or drizzle chocolate over pretzels with a spoon. Attach baking bits
- for buttons and noses and chocolate chips for eyes.
- For hats, dip the bottom of a small gumdrop into chocolate and press
- onto a jelly ring; attach to the top of each pretzel.
- Carefully stand snowmen by placing them upright in a tall glass or
- pressing the bottom of the pretzel rods into a 2-in.-thick piece of
- Styrofoam. For scarves, cut fruit rolls into thin strips; tie around
- snowmen. Yield: 8 snowmen.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Chuckles jelly rings.