Sweet & Salty Popcorn
There’s nothing like making memories with grandkids in the kitchen and seeing their faces as they help. Let them sprinkle candy pieces on the cookies. — Diane Smith, Pine Mountain, Georgia
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup broken miniature pretzels
- 1 cup candies of your choice, such as Almond Joy pieces or milk chocolate M&M's
- 1 cup chopped dried pineapple
- 10 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine popcorn, pretzels, candies and pineapple. In
- a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Pour over
- popcorn mixture; toss to coat.
- Immediately spread onto waxed paper; let stand until set. Break into
- pieces. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 4 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 227 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 122 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.