- 32 Nutter Butter cookies (16 ounces)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips, melted
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups dry roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped, divided
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place a greased 10-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Wrap foil securely around pan.
- Place cookies in a food processor; pulse until finely crushed. Transfer to a bowl; stir in melted butter. Press onto bottom of prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in melted chips, milk and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour into crust. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Top with marshmallows; bake 2-3 minutes longer or until marshmallows are softened. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool 1 hour longer.
- In a small saucepan, combine peanut butter, corn syrup and butter; cook and stir over low heat until blended. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Sprinkle 1 cup peanuts over cheesecake; top with peanut butter mixture.
- Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled. Remove rim from pan. Sprinkle remaining peanuts over top. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Sweet & Salty Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Sort By :
"I am surprised no one commented on the cook time-I did the 55 minutes, and then the marshmallows, and when I removed the sides of my springform the cheesecake just melted all over the counter-totally undercooked. How did everyone adjust to make it the proper bake time? I find those water bath methods take forever and are not accurate in the bake time."
"I made this for Easter and it was a big hit. Everyone loved it. I didn't have peanut butter chips so I used peanut butter and some white chocolate. Yummy"
"I don't care for chocolate and it's almost impossible to find a recipe for PB cheesecake that doesn't call for chocolate. Was so glad to find this one and BOY was it awesome! I also omitted the marshmallows and it was fine without them. The saltiness of the peanuts is a fabulous combo with the sweetness of the cheesecake. 5 stars all the way!!!"
"I had high hopes for this recipe, but I did not care for it that much. The cheesecake was too dense for my liking and I don't think the marshmallow topping was needed."
"Yum!! I love peanut butter and this cheesecake is simply divine. I left out the marshmallows because my husband does not like them but I do not think the omission detracts from the cheesecake at all. We will definitely be having this again."