Sweet & Salty Peanut Butter Cheesecake Recipe
- 32 Nutter Butter cookies (16 ounces)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips, melted
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups dry roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped, divided
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Place a greased 10-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Wrap foil securely around pan.
- 2. Place cookies in a food processor; pulse until finely crushed. Transfer to a bowl; stir in melted butter. Press onto bottom of prepared pan.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in melted chips, milk and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour into crust. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- 4. Bake 45-55 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Top with marshmallows; bake 2-3 minutes longer or until marshmallows are softened. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool 1 hour longer.
- 5. In a small saucepan, combine peanut butter, corn syrup and butter; cook and stir over low heat until blended. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Sprinkle 1 cup peanuts over cheesecake; top with peanut butter mixture.
- 6. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled. Remove rim from pan. Sprinkle remaining peanuts over top. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice: 743 calories, 49g fat (21g saturated fat), 114mg cholesterol, 547mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Sweet & Salty Peanut Butter Cheesecake
"I am surprised no one commented on the cook time-I did the 55 minutes, and then the marshmallows, and when I removed the sides of my springform the cheesecake just melted all over the counter-totally undercooked. How did everyone adjust to make it the proper bake time? I find those water bath methods take forever and are not accurate in the bake time."
"I made this for Easter and it was a big hit. Everyone loved it. I didn't have peanut butter chips so I used peanut butter and some white chocolate. Yummy"
"I don't care for chocolate and it's almost impossible to find a recipe for PB cheesecake that doesn't call for chocolate. Was so glad to find this one and BOY was it awesome! I also omitted the marshmallows and it was fine without them. The saltiness of the peanuts is a fabulous combo with the sweetness of the cheesecake. 5 stars all the way!!!"
"I had high hopes for this recipe, but I did not care for it that much. The cheesecake was too dense for my liking and I don't think the marshmallow topping was needed."
"Yum!! I love peanut butter and this cheesecake is simply divine. I left out the marshmallows because my husband does not like them but I do not think the omission detracts from the cheesecake at all. We will definitely be having this again."
"My friend made this for Easter and it was terrific !!!"
"This is the best thing I have put in my mouth in a LONG time."