My son Micah and I love peanut butter cups, so we made them into a new treat. We entered them in a creative baking contest and won first place!—Autumn Emigh, Gahanna, OH
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 peanut butter cups (3/4 ounce each), chopped
- 1-1/3 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup broken pretzels
- Freeze chocolate chips and peanut butter cups until partially frozen, about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a 6-qt. stockpot, combine peanut butter, sugar, corn syrup and salt. Cook and stir over low heat until blended.
- Remove from heat; stir in Rice Krispies and pretzels until coated. Let stand 5 minutes; gently fold in chocolate chips and peanut butter cups until just combined. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Originally published as Sweet & Salty Peanut Butter Crisps in Cookies & Candies Bookazine 2015, p118
Reviews for Sweet & Salty Peanut Butter Bites
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 28, 2016
"My kids liked these. They are soft and don't really set up as something firm but they hold their shape well. Easy, quick snack to make."