Sweet & Salty Cranberry Bars Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, egg and butter until combined. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes.
- 2. Sprinkle the cranberries, cashews and chips over warm crust. Drizzle with milk. Bake 18-20 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool completely before cutting into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Sweet & Salty Cranberry Bars
"So easy and so delicious! I made these for a meeting which ended up being cancelled. So I took them to "work" where I volunteer. Gone in no time! I made them a couuple of weeks later using a Devil's Food cake Mix, chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, and Hershey's Cinnamon Chips with the cashews. WOW! just as good, but very rich. I may try with a carrot cake or spice cake mix next time. Everyone loves them because the crust doesn't fall apart like the graham cracker crust does on the "Clean Your Pantry Bars"."