I've been making this candy for the past few years and serving it at Teacher Appreciation lunches and bake sales. It's special because it never fails to win praise from everyone who tries it. For bake sales, I break the candy up and package it in little cellophane bags from the craft store.—Anna Ginsberg, Austin, Texas
- 2 cups miniature pretzels, coarsely crushed
- 1/2 cup corn chips, coarsely crushed
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9-in. baking pan with foil and grease the foil; set aside. In a large bowl, combine pretzels, corn chips and peanuts.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar until melted. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Boil 1 minute, stirring twice. Pour over pretzel mixture; toss to coat. Transfer to prepared pan.
- Bake 7 minutes. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake 1-2 minutes longer or until chips are softened. Spread over top. Cool on a wire rack 1 hour. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 1-1/2 pounds.
Originally published as Sweet & Salty Candy in Taste of Home Winning Recipes 3 2012, p231
Reviews for Sweet & Salty Candy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 27, 2014
"Excellent combination of sweet and salty!"