Sweet & Hot Baked Beans Recipe
- 4 cans (15 ounces each) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 10 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup canned diced jalapeno peppers
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1. In a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours. Yield: 12 servings (1/2 cup each).
1/2 cup: 318 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 581mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 6g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Sweet & Hot Baked Beans
"I made this for our Memorial Day picnic and my family liked it. I thought the pineapple was a nice added flavor. You would need to add extra jalapeno if you really want heat. I thought that it wasn't all that hot."
"This was way too sweet. No one liked it at my cookout. I am going to try adding an additional teaspoon of vinegar and mustard to it, hopefully that will cut some of the sweetness."
"Unfortunately no one in my family cared for this recipe."
"I was looking for a different baked bean recipe and this was it! It made a large batch and everyone loved it."
"I am very sorry, I don't want to hurt the submitters feelings, but this was terrible! I was so excited about making it, I love pineapple. I thought it would taste excellent, but it didn't. It came out crunchy and vinegary tasting. Mine was very watery, not thick at all. I was hoping for so much more."
"easy to make and was a big hit!"