- 4 cans (15 ounces each) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup canned diced jalapeno peppers
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours. Yield: 12 servings (1/2 cup each).
Reviews for Sweet & Hot Baked Beans
"This was way too sweet. No one liked it at my cookout. I am going to try adding an additional teaspoon of vinegar and mustard to it, hopefully that will cut some of the sweetness."
"Unfortunately no one in my family cared for this recipe."
"I was looking for a different baked bean recipe and this was it! It made a large batch and everyone loved it."
"I am very sorry, I don't want to hurt the submitters feelings, but this was terrible! I was so excited about making it, I love pineapple. I thought it would taste excellent, but it didn't. It came out crunchy and vinegary tasting. Mine was very watery, not thick at all. I was hoping for so much more."
"Easy to make and was a big hit!"