Swedish Turkey Meatballs with Noodles Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 package (20 ounces) lean ground turkey
- 6 cups uncooked yolk-free noodles
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the egg, milk, 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, bread crumbs, onion, parsley, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and allspice. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place meatballs in a 15-in. x 10-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until no longer pink.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions. In a large saucepan, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- 3. Stir in the sour cream, dill and remaining Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Drain noodles; stir into sauce. Serve with meatballs. Yield: 5 servings.
2/3 cup meatballs with 1-1/4 cups noodles equals 473 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 145 mg cholesterol, 903 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Reviews for Swedish Turkey Meatballs with Noodles
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.