Swedish Turkey Meatballs with Noodles Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 package (20 ounces) lean ground turkey
- 6 cups uncooked yolk-free noodles
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the egg, milk, 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, bread crumbs, onion, parsley, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and allspice. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place meatballs in a 15-in. x 10-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until no longer pink.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions. In a large saucepan, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- 3. Stir in the sour cream, dill and remaining Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Drain noodles; stir into sauce. Serve with meatballs. Yield: 5 servings.
1 each: 473 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 145mg cholesterol, 903mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 33g protein.
Reviews for Swedish Turkey Meatballs with Noodles
"Fantastic....fried the meatballs then sauced the drippings. Meatballs were moist and sauce flavorable."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.