- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 package (20 ounces) lean ground turkey
- 6 cups uncooked yolk-free noodles
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, milk, 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, bread crumbs, onion, parsley, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and allspice. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place meatballs in a 15-in. x 10-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions. In a large saucepan, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the sour cream, dill and remaining Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Drain noodles; stir into sauce. Serve with meatballs. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Swedish Turkey Meatballs with Noodles in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p90
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Swedish Turkey Meatballs with Noodles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 28, 2013
"Fantastic....fried the meatballs then sauced the drippings. Meatballs were moist and sauce flavorable."