- Punch dough down; roll into an 18-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Brush with
- butter; sprinkle with nut mixture to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll
- up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal.
- Place seam side down on a 14-in. pizza pan coated with cooking spray;
- pinch ends together to form a ring. With scissors, cut from outside
- edge two-thirds of the way toward center of ring at scant 1-in.
- intervals. Separate strips slightly; twist to allow filling to show.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from
- pan to a wire rack to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and enough milk to
- achieve desired consistency; drizzle over tea ring. Yield: 1 ring
- (24 slices).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 196 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 142 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.