Swedish Sugar Toast
"The recipe for this tasty spiced toast comes from a dear friend, and I've shared it with many people," says Helen Applequist, a reader from St. Louis Park, Missouri.
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Butter, softened
- 1 loaf white bread, thinly sliced (about 18 slices)
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, cardamom and cloves.
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread; sprinkle sugar
- mixture on buttered side. Cut in half diagonally. Place on ungreased
- baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Yield: about 3
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 122 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 173 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.