Swedish Spritz Recipe
A touch of almond extract gives these spritz wonderful flavor. For Christmas, you could tint half of the dough with red food coloring and the other half with green.—Irmgard Sinn, Sherwood Park, Alberta
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake 10 min./batch + cooling YIELD:24-30 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Prepared frosting
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine the flour and baking powder; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- 2. Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 7-9 minutes or until edges are firm and lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Frost as desired. Yield: 4-5 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 108 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 77 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC