A touch of almond extract gives these spritz wonderful flavor. For Christmas, you could tint half of the dough with red food coloring and the other half with green.—Irmgard Sinn, Sherwood Park, Alberta
24-30 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Prepared frosting
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in egg and extracts. Combine the flour and baking powder; gradually
- add to the creamed mixture.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough
- 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 7-9
- minutes or until edges are firm and lightly browned. Remove to wire
- racks to cool. Frost as desired. Yield: 4-5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 108 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 77 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.