Swedish Spritz Cookies
Every Christmas, my daughter and I have a 1-day cookie-making spree. We roll out more than 60 dozen cookies, including these mouthwatering morsels.Susan Bittner, Alberta, British Columbia
30 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in egg and extracts. Combine the flour and baking powder; gradually
- add to the creamed mixture.
- Using a cookie press fitted with disk of your choice, press dough
- into desired shapes 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake
- at 375° for 10-11 minutes or until edges are firm and lightly
- browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Frost as desired.
- Yield: 5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 2 cookies equals 108 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 77 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.