Every Christmas, my daughter and I have a 1-day cookie-making spree. We roll out more than 60 dozen cookies, including these mouthwatering morsels.—Susan Bittner, Alberta, British Columbia
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine the flour and baking powder; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Using a cookie press fitted with disk of your choice, press dough into desired shapes 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-11 minutes or until edges are firm and lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Frost as desired. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Swedish Spritz Cookies in Country Woman November/December 1999, p14
Reviews for Swedish Spritz Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review