- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine the flour and baking powder; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Using a cookie press fitted with disk of your choice, press dough into desired shapes 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-11 minutes or until edges are firm and lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Frost as desired. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews for Swedish Spritz Cookies
Sort By :
"This is the same recipe I got from someone back in 1968! Except it calls for 1 cup shortening instead of butter. Makes a great spritz dough. Very easy to work with in the cookie press."
"Very easy. Delicious cookie. Easy to make."
"depending on humidity... might want to lessen the flour or add more! Very tasty and held together well out of my antique cookie press.... very happy with this recipe!"