Swedish Spritz Recipe
A touch of almond extract gives these spritz wonderful flavor. For Christmas, you could tint half of the dough with red food coloring and the other half with green.Irmgard Sinn, Sherwood Park, Alberta
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Prepared frosting
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine the flour and baking powder; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 7-9 minutes or until edges are firm and lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Frost as desired. Yield: 4-5 dozen.
Originally published as Swedish Spritz in Complete Guide to Baking 2004, p52
Reviews for Swedish Spritz(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 24, 2010
These are just like my Norwegian grandmother used to make when I was a child. Thank you for a great recipe.