Swedish Spice Cutouts Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Slivered almonds, optional
- Frosting of your choice, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, corn syrup and molasses. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and cloves; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until easy to handle.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with floured 2-1/2-in. cookie cutters. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Top with almonds if desired or leave plain.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Frost plain cookies if desired. Yield: about 10 dozen.
2 each: 114 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 77mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (9g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Swedish Spice Cutouts
"To me, these are the perfect holiday cookies. The batch makes a lot, so there are plenty to share. I used powdered sugar icing on mine, tinted with food coloring, and I decorated some of them with cinamon imperials. They are absolutely delicious. They are a little chewy, and they smell like Christmas! I will make them every year from now on."