Swedish Rice Ring Recipe
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Fresh or thawed frozen sweetened strawberries
- 1. In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; set aside. In a small heavy saucepan, combine milk, rice, sugar and salt; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 15-20 minutes until rice is tender. Remove from heat; stir in gelatin mixture until completely dissolved. Refrigerate, covered, until partially set.
- 2. In a bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into chilled rice mixture. Spoon into a 6-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray; refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours. Unmold onto a serving platter. Serve with strawberries. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving: 170 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 139mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (12g sugars, trace fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Swedish Rice Ring
"Love this dessert! Use organic whipping cream and raspberries for a different taste."