Swedish Rice Ring Recipe
This recipe, which originated in Sweden, is famous at church suppers with our Minnesota neighbors. It's a delicious addition at family gatherings and parties, too. I usually make a double batch because it's so good!
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Fresh or thawed frozen sweetened strawberries
- 1. In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; set aside. In a small heavy saucepan, combine milk, rice, sugar and salt; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 15-20 minutes until rice is tender. Remove from heat; stir in gelatin mixture until completely dissolved. Refrigerate, covered, until partially set.
- 2. In a bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into chilled rice mixture. Spoon into a 6-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray; refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours. Unmold onto a serving platter. Serve with strawberries. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving: 170 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 139mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Swedish Rice Ring
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC