- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Fresh or frozen sweetened strawberries, thawed
- Soften gelatin in cold water; set aside. In a small heavy saucepan, bring rice, milk, sugar and salt to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and cover; cook over low heat until rice is tender, about 15-20 minutes. Remove from the heat; add gelatin mixture, stirring until dissolved. Cover and chill until partially set.
- In a chilled bowl, whip cream until stiff; fold into chilled rice mixture. Spoon into a 6-cup decorative or ring mold coated with cooking spray. Cover and chill until set, about 3 hours. To unmold, loosen edges with spatula and invert onto a serving platter. Serve with strawberries. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Swedish Rice Ring in Country December/January 1991, p47
Reviews for Swedish Rice Ring
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 9, 2013
Love this dessert! Use organic whipping cream and raspberries for a different taste.