Swedish Raspberry Almond Bars Recipe
“When I was a single mom with a young daughter and little money, my Swedish neighbor brought me a batch of these cookies at Christmas. My daughter’s 36 now, and I still make these wonderful cookies.” —Marina Castle North Hollywood, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 35 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling YIELD:24 servings
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 3 egg whites
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup sliced almonds, divided
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour and mix well. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. Spread jam over crust. In a large bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Fold in coconut and 1/2 cup almonds. Spread over jam. Sprinkle with remaining almonds. Bake 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 bar equals 165 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 53 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC