Swedish Raspberry Almond Bars Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 3 egg whites
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup sliced almonds, divided
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour and mix well. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Spread jam over crust. In a large bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Fold in coconut and 1/2 cup almonds. Spread over jam. Sprinkle with remaining almonds. Bake 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Swedish Raspberry Almond Bars(9)
Sort By :
Everyone loves this recipe. I make them for bake sales and they are the first to go. I did change one thing though, I do not melt the butter. I use a pasty blender or the food processor until the mixture is the size of a pea, like you do for most other bar cookies. These are great, you will not be disappointed.
This is a great, out-of-the ordinary recipe, and not too sweet. I used seeded raspberry jam because that's what I had and no one cared. Watch out, the crust is kind of addictive.
Good for a change from the many chocolate bar recipes I make -- but the chocaholic in me can't help wondering if a bit of chocolate drizzled over the top wouldn't put it 'over the top'???
Excellent, but almond extract (1/2 tsp.) to butter, flour, sugar mixture; also use 12 oz. seedless raspberry jam and 1 1/2 cups almonds - richer tasting and more luxurious looking.
I made these bars for Christmas time, and I thought they turned out pretty well. The meringue topping is unique, and they aren't too sweet. While I wouldn't rate it as a favorite, it was very good, and as others have mentioned, I would definitely consider making for a cookie exchange.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Bar Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- July 4th Desserts >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Desserts >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Memorial Day Desserts >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >