Swedish Potato Sausage Recipe
This recipe is perfect for a family reunion and that I what I used it for. It feeds an army and you will be amazed how quickly it goes.—Norbert Manko, Iron Mountain, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 40 min. Cook: 10 min. YIELD:80 servings
- 15 pounds potatoes, peeled
- 3 pounds onions, peeled
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 pounds)
- 3 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 to 7 tablespoons salt
- 4 tablespoons pepper
- 3 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup milk
- 1. In a food grinder using the coarse disc, alternately process the potatoes, onions and pork. Combine with the ground beef. Mix until well distributed.
- 2. Combine all dry ingredients and sprinkle over potato/meat mixture. Add milk and mix well.
- 3. Sausage may be made into patties or stuffed into hog casings. Using immediately or freeze in serving-size portions. Yield: about 20 pounds.
1 serving (4 ounces) equals 139 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 465 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC