This recipe is perfect for a family reunion and that I what I used it for. It feeds an army and you will be amazed how quickly it goes.—Norbert Manko, Iron Mountain, Michigan
- 15 pounds potatoes, peeled
- 3 pounds onions, peeled
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 pounds)
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 to 7 tablespoons salt
- 4 tablespoons pepper
- 3 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup milk
- In a food grinder using the coarse disc, alternately process the potatoes, onions and pork. Combine with the ground beef. Mix until well distributed.
- Combine all dry ingredients and sprinkle over potato/meat mixture. Add milk and mix well.
- Sausage may be made into patties or stuffed into hog casings. Using immediately or freeze in serving-size portions. Yield: about 20 pounds.
Originally published as Swedish Potato Sausage in Country October/November 1992, p53
Reviews for Swedish Potato Sausage
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review